Let’s get them all out of the way now:
- Consumers don’t know what we do
- There isn’t repeat business
- It’s too much work for too little return
- They don’t shop for title insurance and don’t care about shopping
- Did we mention they don’t know what we do?
are (most of) the reasons title professionals have for not targeting
consumers in any marketing or sales efforts. This isn’t meant to
trivialize those reasons because they are all valid concerns. It’s
impractical to think a title business can change its client focus in
such a radical way during a still uncertain economic time, and it’s a
still-unproven idea that a sufficient amount of consumers will care
about shopping for title insurance enough that an agency can base its
business plan around it.
But we’ve all heard that before, and as
much truth as there is in those reasons, there is also opportunity and
potential. That’s what we’re focused on today: What is the potential;
what are the strategies used to seize that opportunity; and is it the
right move for your business?